Man who named strtocaster dies
Don Randall, the man who named the Fender Stratocaster, one of the most famous guitars in the world has died. To see the story about his life go to Don Randall Story
The Fender Stratocaster over the years has been associated with many great players such as:
Jimi Hendrix who played it left handed and strung it upside down.
Hank Marvin from the the Shadows, the band that had numerous instumental hits at at a time when vocal music was extremely popular.
Stevie Ray Vaughan, the electric master of Texas Blues who died in a helicopter crash with the famous rock promoter, Bill Graham.
Eric Clapton, the British Blues player and member of the classic psychodelic rock trio Cream, who was admired by Hendrix. In fact Hendrix had at one point stated that Tales of Brave Ulysses by the Cream was his favourite guitarist.
Buddy Holly, pioneer of sixties rock and roll who died in an aeroplane crash in 1959 also was one of the early strat players.
Jeff Beck, formerly of the Small Faces with Rod Stewart, the Yardbirds, Jeff Beck Group, and Beck Bogart and Appice, who went to be one of the great rock and (for lack of words) jazz rock players of our town still plays a stratocaster and like Mark Knopfler of Dire Strits fame, Beck plays fingerstyle.
Stratocasters have an instantly recognisable sound to most guitar players. And are much sought after and played by thousands of players globally.
So on behalf of the guitar players across the world:“Don Randall, thank you for giving such a beautiful instrument, such an exquisite name”
BEST Guitar and Blog SITE Hosting
- Tommy Emmanuel and Martin Taylor Acoustic GuitarTommy Emmanuel and Martin Taylor Acoustic […]
- Lightnin Hopkins – Mojo HandLightnin Hopkins Youtube video – Acoustic Guitar – Mojo Hand Tony Hogan […]
- Lightnin Hopkins Blues Guitar YoutubeLightnin Hopkins doing an Acoustic Blues Guitar version of Baby Please Don’t Go For more Blues Guitar Check out T Bone Walker […]
- Jon Gomm YoutubeThis is a very good contemporary acoustic guitar arrangement of the the Soul / Funk tune by Chaka Khan by an excellent guitar player by the name of Jon Gomm. It includes a number of techniques such as Tapping, Harmonics, Hammer Ons, and Pull Offs and at the same time is very musical To visit […]
- Russ Barenberg – Acoustic Guitar YoutubeRuss Barenberg playing beautiful acoustic guitar on the tune Drummers of England… a lesson in musicality For more beautiful guitar go to Russ Barenberg and Jerry Douglas For Russ’s website Russ Barenberg … and he has Skype lessons !!!!! […]
- INTERVIEW: Opeth’s Mikael ÅkerfeldtOpeth unashamedly alienated some of their fan base with their 2011 album Heritage. While a large portion of their fans were drawn to the Swedesh masters for their progressive death metal leanings, Heritage was primarily inspired by 70s fusion in the style of John McLaughlin’s Mahavishnu Orchestra - and there wasn’t a single death-growl to be heard anywhere. […]
- koRn – Hater[…]
- Introducing Black Lightning GalleryAre you a fan of great guitar music? Of course you are. Do you need some inspiration for the wall of your music space? Maybe a shrine to your favourite artists? Or just something cool to hang above the fireplace? Check out Black Lightning Gallery in Los Angeles. Founded by Rohan Ocean, Black Lightning Gallery […] […]
- The Ultimate Guitar Pickup GuideSo, what’s the deal with pickups, then? Check out this piece I wrote for Andertons which breaks it down for ya, from the basics to more advanced stuff like the difference between coil splitting and coil tapping. A snippet: “The simplest way to think of a pickup is “like a microphone for an electric guitar.” And […] […]
- INTERVIEW: DragonForce’s Herman Li & Sam TotmanThe mighty DragonForce have always brought the epic energy, triumphant power-metal riffage, anthemic choruses and intense shred to their work, but what makes their new album Maximum Overload stand out a little from the rest of their catalog is their willingness to step outside of their established sound just far enough to keep it fresh. […] […]
- Voodoo Chile Acoustic Guitar TutorialHere is a simple and sensible Youtube Video Tutorial of an acoustic version of Jimi Hendrix’s Voodoo Chile gratitude to the publisher Tagged: voodoo chile acoustic guitar youtube […]
- How to Improve Your Guitar PlayingThese So many guitar players want to improve their guitar playing but ignore some fundamental things. Here are some tips that are easily missed by inexperienced players. Learn the notes on the fretboard Learn the sound / texture of chord … Continue reading → […]
- Antoine DufourAntoine Dufour – Acoustic Guitar These Moments Hammer ons, pull offs , taps, harmonics open tuning and beauty. Tagged: antoine dufour, open tuning, tapping […]
- Jam With Google ChromeThis is an interesting concept and had to happen sooner or later, jamming with Google Chrome Google Chrome Jamming I will go in and test it at some point soon when I come up for air. Haven’t been blogging for … Continue reading → […]
- T Bone Walker Blues Guitar YoutubeThis is a wonderful Blues on semi-acoustic guitar with T Bone Walker and Shakey Jake on vocals for more Blues check out Mississipi John Hurt Tony Hogan Tagged: T Bone Walker Blues Guitar […]
- Cream Reunion Youtube – Sitting on Top of the World
- Joe Pass Youtube Video
- Spencer Davis Group Youtube
- Lesle West Mountain Youtube
- Jeff Beck Youtube – Cause We’ve Ended As Lovers
- Booby McFerrin and Richard Bona Youtube
- Adrian Belew Youtube Electric Guitar
- Jeff Beck Youtube – Because We’ve Ended as Lovers
- Phil Keaggy Youtube Electric Guitar
- Michael Jackson Electric Guitar Tribute