Jeff Beck Youtube
I’ve been a fan of Jeff Beck’s playing since the days when he played with the Jeff Beck Group, I think it was the song Definitely Maybe which first convinced me of what he had to offer which was different to others. His tone is fantastic. This is the classic song ‘Cause we’ve ended as lovers’, one of my favorites. Note, there is a slight intonation issue later in the song, which is not surprising considering his use of the whammy bar.
Here is my favourite Jeff Beck Song called Nadia
The guitar in this performance is incredibly beautiful, it also features the young Tal Wilkenfeldon on bass. Jeff Beck manages to make his guitar cry like no one else. I’ve never realy understood how or why, and frankly I don’t want to know. My other favorites by him are Definitely Maybe and Nadia.
Click hear to experience Nadia
Charlie Mingus the legendary bass player wrote a song called Goodbye Pork Pie Hat. Over the years I’ve heard many great players record it, John McLaughlin, Ralph Towner, Joni Mitchell did a vocal version as well, but the most strking version I’ve ever heard is Jeff Beck doing his electric version which he recorded on Wired in 76.
This youtube guitar video is Jeff Beck playing Pork Pie Hat in 2006. It’s part of a medley, the other tune is called Brush with the Blues.
If Jeff Beck’s name that is mentioned amongst guitar players who have been around for years, it generally creates a feeling of humility. Regardless how good you be, it’s always hats off to Jeff Beck. My first real awareness of Jeff Beck was on the Beck Bogart and Appice album in the early seventies, with tunes like Black Cat Moan and Superstion. This led me to explore his earlier work like Rough and Ready with Bob Tench on vocals and Max Middleton on keys and introduced me to tunes such as Definitely Maybe.
I was fortunate to see Jeff Beck play live once with Jan Hammer, the keyboard player. His tone is unmatchable by players, his technique unique because he plays fingerstyle, but it doesn’t sound like it. His control of elecronics is so far ahead of most other players.
The Jeff Beck Youtube video is called Nadia. When I first heard it, my thoughts were that he had bridged the gap between Indian music and rock, and I don’t mean Bollyrock. I mean the deep transcendal side of Indian music that digs deep into the soul of each us.
And yes, as a guitar player, I am humbled when I hear this tune.
BEST Guitar and Blog SITE Hosting
- Tommy Emmanuel and Martin Taylor Acoustic GuitarTommy Emmanuel and Martin Taylor Acoustic […]
- Lightnin Hopkins – Mojo HandLightnin Hopkins Youtube video – Acoustic Guitar – Mojo Hand Tony Hogan […]
- Lightnin Hopkins Blues Guitar YoutubeLightnin Hopkins doing an Acoustic Blues Guitar version of Baby Please Don’t Go For more Blues Guitar Check out T Bone Walker […]
- Jon Gomm YoutubeThis is a very good contemporary acoustic guitar arrangement of the the Soul / Funk tune by Chaka Khan by an excellent guitar player by the name of Jon Gomm. It includes a number of techniques such as Tapping, Harmonics, Hammer Ons, and Pull Offs and at the same time is very musical To visit […]
- Russ Barenberg – Acoustic Guitar YoutubeRuss Barenberg playing beautiful acoustic guitar on the tune Drummers of England… a lesson in musicality For more beautiful guitar go to Russ Barenberg and Jerry Douglas For Russ’s website Russ Barenberg … and he has Skype lessons !!!!! […]
- BOSS Introduces Waza Craft SeriesBOSS pedals have happily occupied pride of place on hundreds of thousands of pedalboards for decades, and for the past 15 years or so a lot of folks have made quite a name for themselves developing mods for popular BOSS pedals like the Super Overdrive and the Blues Driver. And BOSS has now introduced three […] […]
- INTERVIEW: Debashish BhattacharyaDebashish Bhattacharya has an international following not only for his playing but also his extraordinary instrumental arsenal. But more than that, Debashish is a voice of pure inspiration, helping to bring Indian classical music to the masses and tirelessly sharing his love of the form and his passion for life itself. Seriously, a 20-minute interview […] […]
- Hey. Stop Trying To Justify Music Theft, Alright?I was just reading some stuff over at The Guardian about Robin Thicke’s new album. It turns out The Guardian is mistakenly reporting that Thicke’s new album Paula sold ‘less than 54 copies’ in Australia during its first week. It seems that their assumption is based on the fact that it didn’t appear in the […] […]
- Mesa Cab Clone Makes Life Worth LivingAaah, that’s the stuff. Mesa Engineering has just announced the Cab Clone, a guitar speaker cabinet emulator and load box which lets you record your screaming, wailing cranked tube amp silently or to send a nice clean signal to a mixing desk via the balanced XLR output, plus a 1/4″ uncompensated output for sending your […] […]
- Win Tickets To Guthrie Govan’s Oz Clinic Tour!Hey folks! I’ve got a free double pass to give away to one of Guthrie Govan’s Australian masterclasses in the city of your choice (excluding Adelaide) thanks to the fine folks at Thump Music. To enter, email iheartguitarblog AT gmail DOT com with “Guthrie Comp” in the subject line, and tell me which city you’d […] […]
- Voodoo Chile Acoustic Guitar TutorialHere is a simple and sensible Youtube Video Tutorial of an acoustic version of Jimi Hendrix’s Voodoo Chile gratitude to the publisher Tagged: voodoo chile acoustic guitar youtube […]
- How to Improve Your Guitar PlayingThese So many guitar players want to improve their guitar playing but ignore some fundamental things. Here are some tips that are easily missed by inexperienced players. Learn the notes on the fretboard Learn the sound / texture of chord … Continue reading → […]
- Antoine DufourAntoine Dufour – Acoustic Guitar These Moments Hammer ons, pull offs , taps, harmonics open tuning and beauty. Tagged: antoine dufour, open tuning, tapping […]
- Jam With Google ChromeThis is an interesting concept and had to happen sooner or later, jamming with Google Chrome Google Chrome Jamming I will go in and test it at some point soon when I come up for air. Haven’t been blogging for … Continue reading → […]
- T Bone Walker Blues Guitar YoutubeThis is a wonderful Blues on semi-acoustic guitar with T Bone Walker and Shakey Jake on vocals for more Blues check out Mississipi John Hurt Tony Hogan Tagged: T Bone Walker Blues Guitar […]
- Cream Reunion Youtube – Sitting on Top of the World
- Joe Pass Youtube Video
- Spencer Davis Group Youtube
- Lesle West Mountain Youtube
- Jeff Beck Youtube – Cause We’ve Ended As Lovers
- Booby McFerrin and Richard Bona Youtube
- Adrian Belew Youtube Electric Guitar
- Jeff Beck Youtube – Because We’ve Ended as Lovers
- Phil Keaggy Youtube Electric Guitar
- Michael Jackson Electric Guitar Tribute