Don Randall, the man who named the Fender Stratocaster, one of the most famous guitars in the world has died. To see the story about his life go to Don Randall Story
The Fender Stratocaster over the years has been associated with many great players such as:
Jimi Hendrix who played it left handed and strung it upside down.
Hank Marvin from the the Shadows, the band that had numerous instumental hits at at a time when vocal music was extremely popular.
Stevie Ray Vaughan, the electric master of Texas Blues who died in a helicopter crash with the famous rock promoter, Bill Graham.
Eric Clapton, the British Blues player and member of the classic psychodelic rock trio Cream, who was admired by Hendrix. In fact Hendrix had at one point stated that Tales of Brave Ulysses by the Cream was his favourite guitarist.
Buddy Holly, pioneer of sixties rock and roll who died in an aeroplane crash in 1959 also was one of the early strat players.
Jeff Beck, formerly of the Small Faces with Rod Stewart, the Yardbirds, Jeff Beck Group, and Beck Bogart and Appice, who went to be one of the great rock and (for lack of words) jazz rock players of our town still plays a stratocaster and like Mark Knopfler of Dire Strits fame, Beck plays fingerstyle.
Stratocasters have an instantly recognisable sound to most guitar players. And are much sought after and played by thousands of players globally.
So on behalf of the guitar players across the world:“Don Randall, thank you for giving such a beautiful instrument, such an exquisite name”
1 Comment to Man who Named Fender Guitar Dies
Leave a comment
BEST Guitar and Blog SITE Hosting
- Lightnin Hopkins – Mojo HandLightnin Hopkins Youtube video – Acoustic Guitar – Mojo Hand Tony Hogan […]
- Lightnin Hopkins Blues Guitar YoutubeLightnin Hopkins doing an Acoustic Blues Guitar version of Baby Please Don’t Go For more Blues Guitar Check out T Bone Walker […]
- Jon Gomm YoutubeThis is a very good contemporary acoustic guitar arrangement of the the Soul / Funk tune by Chaka Khan by an excellent guitar player by the name of Jon Gomm. It includes a number of techniques such as Tapping, Harmonics, Hammer Ons, and Pull Offs and at the same time is very musical To visit […]
- Russ Barenberg – Acoustic Guitar YoutubeRuss Barenberg playing beautiful acoustic guitar on the tune Drummers of England… a lesson in musicality For more beautiful guitar go to Russ Barenberg and Jerry Douglas For Russ’s website Russ Barenberg … and he has Skype lessons !!!!! […]
- Acoustic Guitar Youtube Antoine DufourHere’s a bit of great Acoustic Guitar by Antoine Dufour For more great guitar check out Andy McKee […]
- Win A YouRock MIDI GuitarHey! Here’s something cool. Making Music Magazine is holding a sweepstakes for someone to win a YouRock MIDI Guitar. The MIDI Guitar is a really innovative instrument that plays just like any other guitar, but without the strings and tuning pegs. You can plug it into your computer and take lessons, play games and even add […]
- TC Electronic Announces Steve Vai TonePrintRisskov, Denmark, June 11th 2013 – TC Electronic is excited to announce one of the biggest names on the TonePrint artist roster yet – Steve Vai! The creative genius has contributed a TonePrint for Hall Of Fame Reverb entitled Ocean Machine. This TonePrint is available immediately and free of charge through www.tcelectronic.com/steve-vai or through the […]
- Rolling Stones’ Crossfire Hurricane Comes To DVD, Blu-rayPRESS RELEASE: Eagle Rock Entertainment releases The Rolling Stones’ Crossfire Hurricane on DVD and Blu-ray. Crossfire Hurricane is the kaleidoscopic new film that documents the key periods of the Rolling Stones’ career and their incredible journey. Directed by Brett Morgen, Crossfire Hurricane provides a remarkable new perspective on the Stones’ unparallel […]
- Listen To The New Black Sabbath Album Now!Head over to the Black Sabbath artist page on iTunes to stream the 8-track regular version of their new album 13 right now! It’s incredible – lots of great guitar playing, killer Geezer Butler riffage, and Ozzy is in fine form. It’s a very dark album – y’know how Sabbath Bloody Sabbath kinda sounded like […]
- IK Multimedia Releases AmpliTube 3.0 for iOSAaah, IK Multimedia. They just keep getting better and better. The first desktop AmpliTube was pretty darn impressive for the time (three amp models!?!) but then they released AmpliTube 2 and it really kicked ass. Then they released AmpliTube 3 and it really, really kicked ass. And similarly for their iOS offerings. The new version […]
- Voodoo Chile Acoustic Guitar TutorialHere is a simple and sensible Youtube Video Tutorial of an acoustic version of Jimi Hendrix’s Voodoo Chile gratitude to the publisher Tagged: voodoo chile acoustic guitar youtube […]
- How to Improve Your Guitar PlayingThese So many guitar players want to improve their guitar playing but ignore some fundamental things. Here are some tips that are easily missed by inexperienced players. Learn the notes on the fretboard Learn the sound / texture of chord … Continue reading → […]
- Antoine DufourAntoine Dufour – Acoustic Guitar These Moments Hammer ons, pull offs , taps, harmonics open tuning and beauty. Tagged: antoine dufour, open tuning, tapping […]
- Jam With Google ChromeThis is an interesting concept and had to happen sooner or later, jamming with Google Chrome Google Chrome Jamming I will go in and test it at some point soon when I come up for air. Haven’t been blogging for … Continue reading → […]
- T Bone Walker Blues Guitar YoutubeThis is a wonderful Blues on semi-acoustic guitar with T Bone Walker and Shakey Jake on vocals for more Blues check out Mississipi John Hurt Tony Hogan Tagged: T Bone Walker Blues Guitar […]
- Cream Reunion Youtube – Sitting on Top of the World
- Joe Pass Youtube Video
- Spencer Davis Group Youtube
- Lesle West Mountain Youtube
- Jeff Beck Youtube – Cause We’ve Ended As Lovers
- Booby McFerrin and Richard Bona Youtube
- Adrian Belew Youtube Electric Guitar
- Jeff Beck Youtube – Because We’ve Ended as Lovers
- Phil Keaggy Youtube Electric Guitar
- Michael Jackson Electric Guitar Tribute